The Kamvalok coupling is built by OPW Engineering Systems and is a dry-disconnect coupling with a quick connect and disconnect feature.
This is a spring loaded coupler with a built-in valve. The internal adapter contains a poppet that is spring loaded and assures fast closing and a super tight seal ensuring no spillage of liquids. If the Kamvalok coupling were ever to be accidentally disconnected while product flow is in progress and the lever is in the open position, the poppet in the adapter will automatically close and the seal cylinder will immediately stop any flow through the coupler. The 360° orientation of the coupling further eliminates the need for swivels and simplifies connection.
By closing and opening two cam arms that lock into a machined groove around the circumference of the mating adapter connections and disconnections are achieved. After the Kamvalok adapter and coupler are firmly coupled together, the lever is turned to the open position, and product flows freely around the poppet discs.
The Kamvalok coupling can be specified with:
- Aluminum externals and components.
- Aluminum with stainless steel internal parts.
- All stainless steel.
- Seals available in buna-N, Viton, Teflon, EPT, EPDM, EPR, Kalrez, Chemraz, or other compounds.
- Locking or non-locking handle.
- 3/4″ (20 mm), 1½” (38 mm), 2″ (50 mm), and 3″ (76 mm) sizes, depending upon style and material.